On Monday, September 25, Wednesday, September 27, and Thursday, September 28, Thornton Academy juniors and seniors have the opportunity to attend College Mini-Fairs organized by the TA Guidance Department. These fairs allow students to meet representatives, pick up information, and learn more about colleges, universities, technical programs, and branches of the military.
The College Mini-Fairs take place in the atrium.
The TA Guidance department began these fairs three years ago with the hopes of giving a large number of students access to a greater number of schools. Counselors hope that students are exposed to schools that they hadn't previously considered while missing as little academic class time as possible. These events also highlight the importance of the post-secondary planning process and the wide variety of options available to high school graduates.
- Keep an open mind--you never know if you will like a school until you check them out!
- Have a conversation with schools that you may not know.
- Pick up information to look over later.
- Be friendly and professional - the school representative you meet at the mini-fair may be making admission decisions later on.
- Grab the school rep's business card and send an email thank you message.
Institutions attending the mini-fairs include:
Connect with your school guidance counselor with any questions about the post-secondary planning process!